Dating royal copenhagen
The figure above shows the development of the mark from 1901 - 1906. The Beehive mark was the A from Aluminia and the thee wavy lines from Royal Copenhagen.This hand painted A was used in the period 1901 - 1933. The artist signature was given with Roman numerals first, later with a painter number in Arabic numbers and finally the monogram in letters.The Aluminia Faience factory date its history to the year 1862 founded by August Schittt (1834 - 1863).In 1868 Philip Schou took over the factory and moved the production to Frederiksberg.
Royal Copenhagen (at that time Danish Porcelain Factory) was founded in 1775 by chemist, Frantz Heinrich Müller, under the protection of Queen Juliane Marie (and her son, King Christian VII).At The Universal Exposition of 1889 (Exposition Universelle de 1889), in Paris, Royal Copenhagen won the Grand Prix in the field of porcelain, with pieces designed by Krog.Royal Copenhagen opened a store in Paris, in 1890, and 7 years later in the fashionable “Old Bond Street” in London.The jungle series made of firebrick came in in 1931 and was marked with the three wavy lines as Royal Copenhagen stoneware.The decoration numbering from the Jungle stoneware 5001-5038.