Featuring family rooms, this property also provides guests with a terrace.The property provides room service and a shared lounge for guests.On entering the church worshippers would have dipped their fingers in and signed themselves with the cross.A rare incised stone within the church dates from 1325 and is made of dense black marble; it depicts a man and a lady with dogs at their feet.Farm workers were not to be stopped though from having the occasional tipple, and brewed their own beer.They stored it in a well and when they wanted a drink they just 'went down the well'.The tradition was preserved with the opening of the Wishing Well pub in 1964 but has since been demolished.Records show that by the 13 century Worlaby church, like Thornton Curtis, Barrow upon Humber and Ulceby, had come under the authority of Thornton Abbey, a situation which seems to have continued until Henry VIII’s Reformation.
This vessel, containing water blessed by the priest, would have stood in the porch.
The new chancel was elevated with an altar of oak and a stone and marble reredos (a screen or decoration behind the altar, often depicting a religious scene).
During this time a sedilia (a stone seat for priests) was added to the south side of the sanctuary and the Saxon font was removed.
Since 1086 when it was known as Uluricebi or Vluricebi in the Doomsday Book it has also been spelt as Wulfrikeby, Wolrickby and Werliby. There were also two Methodist chapels in the village dating from the 1850s.
The disused Wesleyan chapel can still be seen on Main Street. Close to the church is an almshouse known as Worlaby Hospital.